Friday 11 December 2015

Weekly Roundup

I promise we haven't abandoned the blog! I know it may look like it, since we were posting so regularly in November, but we've both been busy the past two weeks.


November Challenge


Well, I didn't manage to blog every day but I am nevertheless happy with how it went. I managed to write 14 posts in 3 weeks, totalling more than 11,000 words! Combined with Corrie's posts also, we had practically a blog post a day. Yay us!

That being said, I do have drafts of new posts that I had hoped to publish but was unable to because...

Laptop-Free House


...I gave my laptop to my lovely boyfriend, while his is being fixed. This means that I currently have no laptop at home on which to write! I am, in fact, writing this post in my office (shhh!) because I can't focus on work - the lovely boyfriend is coming home for the weekend! I think he caught on to my clue in a previous blog post because there has been a delivery that looks like it might be a new book! Will keep you posted, of course :)

Is this what I hope it is?!

Audiobooks



I have been on an Audible mission. Since my last post reviewing Jane Eyre, I have finished two more books - How To Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Two very different books, but I enjoyed them both and am anxious to review them.

I have also started on War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy and am close to finishing The Martian by Andy Weir. The Martian hooked me very early on, but I am already confused by War and Peace - there are just so many characters and I am struggling to keep track of who is related to who.

The Harry Potter Challenge


I am still making my way through Order of the Phoenix, I have about 100 pages to go - the Trio have just started their OWLs. I am itching to finish it and move on to the next one, even though I know I won't manage to finish the series by the end of the month. Oh well.

I'm not sure when the next post will be and I am hesitant to make promises - the next two weeks will be hectic with the run-up to Christmas.

Until next time,
Lucia

No comments:

Post a Comment