Thursday 26 November 2015

My Bookshelf, Part 3

I'd like to take a quick detour from Harry Potter and return to My Bookshelf series because, this past weekend we had a slight re-shuffle at home.

That's right, everyone, our IKEA order finally arrived and we spent Sunday doing some DIY.

The Great IKEA Adventure


After two long weeks of waiting, we were woken up on Saturday morning by the IKEA delivery men. We quickly put on our bathrobes and hoodies and made our way outside, bleary-eyed. It was a good thing that we'd opted for a home delivery in the end, because the boxes were really heavy and there is no way we would have been able to carry them on the Underground.

The boxes have arrived!

In case anyone is interested, we decided to buy two new bookcases from the BILLY Series. They are nice and very easy to assemble and we were done in less than an hour. The more grueling part was tidying up and organizing everything. Pretty much all of Sunday was spent working on this project and there are still some bits and pieces that need doing, but I could not be happier with the end result! As well as moving all of the books and paperwork into the bedroom, we have more storage space in the living room also, because we moved our old bookshelf there.

Everything nicely organized...I see some empty shelf space though!

Our books are now all in one place and organized by category and then alphabetically by author. I never would have thought it, but I believe most of our books are currently non-fiction about politics, philosophy and science! That is, for sure, mostly due to my lovely boyfriend's taste.

My Harry Potter collections take up two whole shelves and they make me smile every time I see them!

My Harry Potter Collections in their new home

This weekend will probably be spent tidying up some more and then there is only on thing left to do - start reading all the books we now have so proudly on display!

Until next time,
Lucia

No comments:

Post a Comment