Monday 29 June 2015

Week 4 Roundup

We are reaching the end of the first month of our challenge! Only 3 more days to go (today included) and then it's time to move on to Book 2 of the Harry Potter series - Chamber of Secrets.

But before we do that, let's see what week 4 of the challenge was like.

Reading


It has not been a good week for reading...

I only managed 4-5 pages of chapter 4 of Chamber of Secrets last week, as things have been a bit hectic both at work and at home. I'm really hoping this week will be better - on Friday the lovely boyfriend and I will have at least a 2 hour train journey to a secret location and I will definitely be taking Harry Potter with me!

Blogging


I've been pretty happy with our blog posts this week - there weren't that many, but they turned out to be quite long and really fun to write and think about.

With only three days to go until we start tackling the second book, I'm scrambling to think of themes that still need to be discussed in order for my review of Philosopher's Stone to be complete. Tonight I will complete part 3 of The Four Houses, with a close look at Slytherin house and the characters we love to hate and (perhaps) will learn to love. After that, I foresee there being at least 4 more posts (by me) by Wednesday - if all goes well and I don't get too bogged down with work that is.

Adventures


Corrie is off on an adventure - she's gone to Australia for a month! I'm so jealous, wish I could go on holiday already. I hope you have a great time, Corrie!

She has assured me that Harry Potter is travelling with her, so hopefully she will be able to update us on her progress as well.

Facebook and Twitter


As some of you already know, we have set up both a Facebook group and a Twitter account for the blog. If you would like to get live(ish) notifications of new posts then join the group on Facebook (Hedwig below the header for link) or follow us on Twitter (Pigwidgeon below the header for link).


And that's about it for this week. The weather is finally turning summer-y so I will hopefully get to read in the park again as Harry's adventures continue.

Until next time,
Lucia

No comments:

Post a Comment